Search This Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Life List

Funny, that around New Year’s I should stumble upon a scrap of paper called ‘My life List’ which I’d written when I was fourteen. Inspired by ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’, I had prepared a comprehensive list of things which I’d wanna achieve, by setting myself a specific time. The colored italicised comments have been included by me, now. Oh woe is the cynic in me!

1. To Do:-
(a) Become 5’6” at least by tenth. (I have given up. No point at all, it’s genetic. I blame mother)
(b) Weigh 48-50 kg at 15, and 50-55 at 20 (umm...okaay then!)
(c) Let my hair grow till the waist without dandruff however long it takes.
(d) Clear my skin. (any tips, seriously?)

2. To read:-
(a) All the works of Shakespeare
(b) The books why, when, how, where etc., extensively and do a project on one of them.
(c) Time-life books that are at home.
(d) Histories of the world
(e) The biographies, autobiographies of great people.
(Some more to be added later)
3. To appear:-
(a) In a fashion show for my mom’s boutique (she’s closed it down now)
(b) On stage nationally, or internationally singing (no joke. This I will do)
(c) In some national/international quiz show.
(d) To star in a movie or video. (anyone auditioning? Mail me!!)

4. To achieve:-
(a) Typing speed of 55 wpm. (achieved! Thanks to internet)
(b) Plant at least 1000 trees before I’m 20 (all I can say now is “yeah, right”)
(c) Live without T.V. for a month (achieved! Thanks to internet)
(d) Get first rank somewhere, before I’m 20 (waaah!!:-( )
(e) Live without chocolates for a whole year
(f) Live without ice-cream for a year
(g) Get my poetry published in a book
(h) Get more than 93% in every subject in the boards. (it was close, but don’t see chances of even a near deja-vu now)
(i) Earn enough on my own, to buy a watch before I’m 15. (still counting)

5. To study:-
(a) Get a degree in some foreign University.
(b) At least 10 languages. (not so difficult really. If you count knowing how to say “hello” and “thank you” as knowing the languages)

6. To get:-
(a) /own a farm house.
(b) Rid of my specs someday (yaay!! Huzzah for lens! And mom’s overflowing coffers)
(c) A steady boyfriend – start my search around 17. (actually, {ooh!})
(now, what I meant by that, you can guess)
(d) One true friend. (I see now that I’m not the type to keep one, so that’s outta the window)
(e) In touch with all the people I know. (really, I was so much wiser then)

7. To clean:-
(a) My room once and for all so that its never dirty before 2002 ends. (is it 2006? Already?)
(b) The rubbish next to my house (well, the parthenium does stuff to my skin, and I really don’t like the
smell…)

8. To write:-
(a) at least 100 poems. (I seem to have used the phrase “at least” with utmost callousness!)
(b) The most funny plays. At least 8-10. (see??)


AND FINALLY, EVERYDAY, DO ONE THING THAT I HATE DOING. BUT IT SHOULD BE GOOD FOR ME.

P.S. (as is obvious I didn’t know what p.s. meant back then) Be proficient in wood carving, clay modeling etc..

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 PM

    =))

    btw, a happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:45 AM

    It kinda freaks you out when you find stuff written as a 13 year old. There's much more wonder and passion in them. Now? Now I don't even touch a pen unless it's the exams. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..list eh? funny i found mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think more practically next time u make a list... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. then theres no point of making a list mr.stargazer.

    and darn it woman, read my post and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @b'loreguy: right back atcha! oh, btw, don't change your username to bengalooru-guy after the rechristening.

    @d'pak: yeah, i know, focus on the good part! hehe..

    @vikas: I know! We ruin everything by growing up don't we?

    @pk: what's yours say? and you had any luck glorifying it yet?

    @starrgazerr: hmph.

    @pk again: my my lady! effective way to advertise - you almost scared me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You dont seem to have strayed away that much ..... If I had such a list when I was 14 (when I was too reckless to even think of reading books), that list would have less than a quarter in common to what I am now! Thanks to life away from home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so did you finish 2.(a)? Dropping by from your comment on my earstwhile blog
    Happy New Year!!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. err...actually, have not stopped blogging, have kind of just gone underground because I want to concentrate and come up with some 'serious' poetry. Do mail me at arka(dot)01(at)gmail(dot)com, and will
    send you the new URL. Only, don't link to it publicly

    ReplyDelete
  10. erstwhile?

    what, are you drunk??

    ReplyDelete
  11. pk, are you sure you know what erstwhile means?

    do check.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i never made a list....what does that say about me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol! Nice list... !!! Better make a resolution not to break all those resolutions too!

    ReplyDelete