Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mon premiere Accident de Voiture

For those lesser mortals, that, translated into english means "My first motor accident", which I had today (with self as causative factor). Of course, I have been in other accidents - one which I was in because of my sister, we hadn't indicated that we were turning to the right and then this guy in a luna was speeding, he banged into us and we lay on the footpath dazed and out of our senses. I had a deep cut down my right foot where I could see my own fat cells. (The one thing about accidents and wounds is that they don't actually feel so bad as they sound when you're explaining them to someone; so its more brownie points really) And my sister had this humongous gash down her leg, because of the scar of which she refuses to wear skirts and capris to date. Of course, I believe its because she doesn't find many to fit her, but you know, truth hurts. That explanation always works better.
*I love scars. According to me, they're sexy. I'd love to see a long, hollowed stain on my body - kinda like testimony to my pugnacity. Now don't say being in an accident is not pugnacious, because I know its not, but I like the word, and I like the rebellious quality the word implies. So there.*
We were taken to our house, and my mom went hysterical. They pulled me out of the auto and I suddenly became unconscious. Then, typically, I lay there slipping from my mom's hands and someone sprinkled a bit of water on my face and I regained conscious.
And then at the dumbass nursing home, sis had to get like 10 stitches, we were brought back home and we got a stream of visitors. Friends, acquaintances, relatives all of 'em called on us, and brought us flowers, chocolates et al. (See, that's what I was talking about)

But this post was supposed to be about my accident today - which wasn't really as interesting an incident as the one above.
For one, I skidded on a pile of sand while turning to the left, and went rolling into the sand and landed up in front of this house that rears cows and sheep. The owners came out, wondering who scared their precious bovids, and there I lay - beaten, in all glory. So yeah, it wasn't very nice performing for an audience of cows and sheep which got scared away, and for another, I did crash close to a friend's place, and I went over to clean up. Now, this guy is so sweet he always gives me chocolates when I go over, and makes his prided tea. I don't fancy the tea very much, but c'mon, Ferrero Rocher! But today, he didn't have any. Today, when I was so shaken, and gloomy bout my fall and riding skills.
And I haven't got my tetanus shot yet, so I might get the disease.

Ho-hum. G'day y'all.

p.s. I hate this post, 'tis shallow, unfunny and 'now-why-exactly-do-I-visit-this-blog' reputation marring, but do leave comments reiterating the same.

4 comments:

  1. hey, I know why I visit this blog...you provide cheap thrills...you know, the kind you get in movies like the Rock and face/Off and the like...I love those movies...but I'm half-kiddin, nice post...in the final analysis (man, I love that phrase), all that matters is that I enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am i not surpised?

    :)

    go get a tetanus shot young lady and do it NOW.

    arey, u forgot to mention the part where you had to pay for the milk, that the bovids no longer provide, 'cuz of a mental shock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i somehow LOVE motor accidents. infact i rode my pulsar at 70 kms an hr oness wen i knew the breaks were not in a really good condition. and then wen i was turning on a 90 degree turn the tyres skidded and i was all over the place. funnily, wen i learnt to balance on my wheels way back in kg1 i imbibed in myself the knack of falling form a bike without hurting myslef. i used to jump off as soon as i felt like i'm going to fall tht somehow extenuated my injuries. infact most of the time i didnt have any. even tht day i didnt have any and i still rid emy pulsa at not less than 50kms and hr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. left... Be happy (",)

    ReplyDelete