Search This Blog

Monday, August 01, 2005

why don't you see it?

look hard. think hard. seriously.

i hate it when we start considering it a duty to care for someone. We have choices, if we want to run away from someone, its our choice. If it would be potentially dangerous for either them or us, it might be wrong, but it still is our choice. If we are prepared to take the flak and justify what we did - its done. We needn't question our choices, we should contemplate the reasons for making them - that's all.
Most people I know, especially immediate family, seem to want to work towards making this a family. I don't agree with that approach, at all. It all becomes forced, and fake after a while. We start expecting, in fact, demanding favours. And additionally demand that they all be done without any hesitance or reluctance. No. I believe, everyone does everything for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with it anyway, but i'll look into that some other time.
We tend to engage in roleplay more often than not. It reduces the burden of thinking and planning originally to a large extent, which we are 'too tired' to do most of the time. And moreover these are tried and tested methods, with readymade solutions - we lose on our actual relations. I can't stand that fakeness, and anybody who blames me or gets pissed at me for being honest can take a hike. For me its one way or the other, i don't see the gray path.
Why do we take up events and subjects and view them from the point of view of what we're supposed to do with them? And not what we want to do? Because as long as it is really what we want, we can justify it with real sense.
I heard so many ridiculous statements being made by my mom yday; one of them went, "this is what a sister is supposed to do" when she asked me to advice my sis bout something and i refused. How does she know? How on earth can she claim to know better what i'm supposed to do than myself?
Frustration can turn you crazy sometimes. Frustration that comes out of not having done the right thing at the right time; and the only right thing is whatever you want to do. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment