Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2005

shine on you crazy diamond!!

Why must I know what I believe?
Why put it all out for the world to see?

Why is what I believe so integral to me?
Can’t I leave all of this, and presume I am free?

Because, as I have come to realize it;
I am nothing if not for my beliefs.

The crux of my existence, is the truth that I seek
The bolster for my breath, is the tale that I weave.

My entire being is a mélange of my words, and actions.
My beliefs, if not govern, at least oversee these.

I am a virtuoso, a scientist, and cool
I am a doppelganger of the fuckhead, the shrew.

And when I do, and speak and am as all this
The time is right, and so the words will be.

But when its not, the despair wins
Overthrown by confusion; frayed hair beckons

And so it goes, that believe I must not;
For mistakes are privileged by most of us.

But then, what do I become? A mist, a hollow
A thing that has no voice, and thus no soul

Maybe, believe I must – and see what comes of it.
Isn’t that what everyone does? Oh! Life is such a bitch!

3 comments:

  1. wow. you wrote that?? awesome.

    "doppelganger of the fuckhead" ...lol... 'love that.

    'love the poem!! superb work.

    merry christmas, god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Interesting.....why take floyd's greatest song for a title though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...kinda that i felt like a crazy diamond at that time.

    i'm not plagiarising, no, i'm not.

    its more like a tribute.

    ReplyDelete