Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

A burst of creativity, and then some.


Unto greater Gods
Amid the teeming crowds,
I look not, for a face, a sign
I have gathered in mind’s eye
A semblance of what may never be.
The balance will always vacillate
Neither willing, nor caring enough
But when he comes dangerously close
I‘ll eject myself toward the luring void.
Beset by hope, assaulted by the ego,
Having no choice but to stand it all,
Be able to reverse the path of the word,
I will not weep, for in truth, I will not have seen.

Rewind , Play.
So that,
When I do muster the courage to leave
It won’t kill you.
So that,
When we realize forever is not forever,
You can be at peace.
So that,
When you or I bicker, cheaply,
We can laugh a while later.
And I want what I can have now,
What I can feel, touch and caress now.
If this moment, this very one,
Can be captured and pasted in all of my worlds
This is how I’m happy,
This. And no past, or present or future beckons.
A fleeting moment is my life’s preparation,
Pitch and toss is my game of choice
Stall my breath for more than an instant
And I shall be at your feet gasping;
Why then, would it interest you, what ‘morrow brings?
Tomorrow will be another today.
Hold my hand, now. Kiss my breath, now.
Give me my time, my time is now.
And outside this force-field, oblivion.

Things I can't resist making fun of: Sharad Pawar makes a public statement as the head of JD(S) saying "People may say anything, I still thing Deve Gowda was the best PM of India."
Female friends of mine who have boyfriends. They're a riot. All giggly all the time, and hooked to the slightest vibration of their cellphones.

3 comments:

  1. i've read the second one somehwere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then some what? I don't get this expression.

    Anyway, I've already told you about poetry and me. This falls under the "have no clue" category for me.

    Cosmos

    ReplyDelete
  3. and then some(more) or some(thingelse)
    or some(crap) which it is in this case.

    There you go.

    ReplyDelete