Search This Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

One of them now

I’m one of them now.
I feel stark sorrow and joy.
I talk in decipherable terms;
I’m civil, I wonder of harmless happenings
I have chained my neurons
To the mundane textbooks of today
I speak of winning, as if there is only one way
I dare not, of a path untrodden.
It pains me deepest, the thought that the switch
May be permanent, not sth guided by will
Become something I can settle for, be calmer with.
I used to wander, free, unbridled.
I would laugh, and cry, and my eyes would round
At the death of innocence
I have a pace, a path now. Did I ask for this?
Or did I not, and was it thrust?
Sadly, I may never know.
Much more sadly, even, I may never seek it.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Everyone goes thru it amool
    Every one has to!

    Brand [V]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better to burn out than to fade away, eh? Mr. Young would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a break. Actually, no don't!
    Keep blogging.
    And best o luk fr the boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought Mr.Cobain said that in his suicide note...who's Mr.Young?

    thank you tyler.

    maybe i should take a break. how the hell'd you know i had my boards? wat's the study you've made bout me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. and yea, how on earth did sidd and tyler find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Neil Young - "Hey Hey, My My". Mr. Cobain was a fan, and it was probably a reference to the song. Check out the lyrics, and see for yourself:
    ___
    My my, hey hey
    Rock and roll is here to stay
    It's better to burn out
    Than to fade away
    My my, hey hey.

    Out of the blue
    and into the black
    They give you this,
    but you pay for that
    And once you're gone,
    you can never come back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

    The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten
    This is the story
    of a Johnny Rotten
    It's better to burn out
    than it is to rust
    The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten.

    Hey hey, my my
    Rock and roll can never die
    There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye.
    Hey hey, my my.
    ____

    Found this blog linked your blog on Blogfather, where I blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm.. I like it. And you've written well again. Though I sincerely hope, you aren't feeling this depressed.

    And sweetie, come what may, pleej don't SETTLE for anythign ever. You may call what I'm saying nai`ve or you may think of it as being strong..take your pick!

    And I'm sorry I had left a comment, the last time I visited. I havent being having alot of time at hand. I haven't being having ANY time at hand.

    and why wud u care anyway, eh? I'm a NOBODY.

    hmph.

    ReplyDelete